You’ve worked hard to build a life for yourself and your family—don’t lose it all to something unexpected. Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance, issued by The Prudential Insurance Company of America (Prudential), helps provide monthly income if you become totally disabled as the result of a covered accident or illness (including pregnancy). Long term disabilities can range from something as common as arthritis to something as serious as cancer or as life-changing as Alzheimer’s. This coverage can help pay credit card bills, the mortgage, college tuition, and more if you’re unable to work because of a disability. Also, your LTD coverage continues even if you change jobs, as long as your State Bar membership remains in good standing.
In addition to helping you cover your bills while you recover, the SBOT LTD Plan offers a variety of important features:
- Up to $15,000 in monthly coverage available.1
- Receive disability benefits if you are unable to perform the duties of your regular occupation, you are under care of a doctor, and you incur a loss of income of 20% or more. That means you won’t be forced into another line of work to keep up with your expenses.
- Student Loan Payment Protection for members age 45 and under. This plan feature will reimburse you with an additional 25% of your monthly benefit payment, up to a maximum of $200,000 to repay a qualified student loan for your undergraduate and/or graduate education, if you are disabled and not working.
- An optional Cost of Living Adjustment for participants younger than age 65 that automatically increases the monthly disability payment 6% on an annual basis to help keep pace with ever-rising costs of living
- Lifetime maximum benefits. The plan’s lifetime benefit feature means you will receive benefits for life if your disability is caused by an accident and occurs prior to age 68. The plan also provides coverage to age 70 if your disability is caused by sickness and occurs prior to age 68.
Curious about rates?
Recent disability insurance news.
1Your monthly coverage amount, plus any other disability income coverage you may have, cannot exceed 66% of your monthly earned income.
This site may contain marketing language, for products issued by The Prudential Insurance Company of America, that has not yet been approved in all states.
This is not a complete description of the plan. For additional information including benefits, limitations, and exclusions contact Member Benefits for a brochure. After you enroll, you will be issued a Group Insurance Certificate describing your coverage in greater detail. The complete terms of the coverage will be governed by the group insurance contract issued to the State Bar of Texas Insurance Trust by the carrier.
Long Term Disability coverage is issued by The Prudential Insurance Company of America, a Prudential Financial company, Newark, NJ. The Booklet Certificate contains all details, including any policy exclusions, limitations, and restrictions, which may apply. CA COA #1179, NAIC #68241, Contract Series 83500.